Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Job - Part II


So, you remember how I told you that pizza story? Well...I'll let you take a guess as to what we are having for our pot luck lunch Thursday. Yup! You guessed it. Pizza.

We were all sitting around for our morning meeting and the topic of Thursday's pot luck lunch came up.

"What should we have?" Someone asked.

"Why don't we just do pizza? It's easy."

I groaned inwardly while everyone else agreed.

The pushy lady, the same lady who told me last time I had to eat what everyone else was eating asked me, "Do you even like pizza, Kim?" (The fact that they call me Kim is a whole different subject that I will address at a later time.)

What else was I supposed to say but, "Sure. It's fine."

Now, don't get me wrong. I like pizza just as much as the next person but it's very difficult for a girl to eat healthy when her co-workers are bringing in donuts in the morning and ordering pizza for lunch.

They bring in cookies, cakes, banana nut bread, and a whole plethora of other goodies that are very hard to say no to. And the sodas...don't even get me started on the sodas! Not one of them drinks diet sodas. Not one. It's coke and sprite and root beer. Do you know how much sugar is in one can of soda? How much calories? One can of soda is worth 3 weight watcher points. Three! And you only get 24 points per day. Do I really want to waste three precious points on a can of soda? I think not.

Even after all of my ranting and raving, I refuse...absolutely refuse to go through that embarrassing experience yet again With that in mind, I bet you can guess what I'm having for lunch on Thursday. Yup. You guessed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment